AGS Mission is…
to increase knowledge and skills of our members, provide information and education about services and policies that help people age with dignity, and engage and support tomorrow’s leaders in gerontology-related fields.
AGS was founded in 1972 and was established to do the following:
- Bring people together to share information and increase their knowledge and skills.
- Create initiatives to meet the concerns of older Arkansans.
- Work to overcome the myths about aging and emphasize the experience, seasoned judgment and skill older Arkansans can bring to task in solving problems.
- Develop partnerships between public and private organizations to better meet the needs of older Arkansans.
- Build a statewide Aging Network.
In support of the mission, AGS offers the following:
- An Annual Spring Conference to educate and inform the public on issues affecting senior adults
- Scholarships to AGS Spring Conference and AR Aging Conference
- Statewide Volunteer Awards
- AGS Fellows Awards