AGS Mission is…
To improve the options, choices and opportunities of mature Arkansans by convening public and private groups and individuals to share information and increase the knowledge and skills of members.
AGS was founded in 1972 and was established to do the following:
- Bring people together to share information and increase their knowledge and skills.
- Create initiatives to meet the concerns of older Arkansans.
- Work to overcome the myths about aging and emphasize the experience, seasoned judgment and skill older Arkansans can bring to task in solving problems.
- Develop partnerships between public and private organizations to better meet the needs of older Arkansans.
- Build a statewide Aging Network.
In support of the mission, AGS offers the following:
- An Annual Spring Conference to educate and inform the public on issues affecting senior adults
- Scholarships to AGS Spring Conference and AR Aging Conference
- Statewide Volunteer Awards
- AGS Fellows Awards