Arkansas Gerontological Society Volunteer Awards Nominations
The AGS Volunteer Awards is an opportunity to show appreciation to those dedicated volunteers that make a difference in the lives of older Arkansans. The recipients of the awards will be announced at the AGS Spring Conference during the awards luncheon.
All nominees must be actively involved in providing volunteer services to individuals who are 65 or older.
AGS Sister Pierre Vorster Award
- Nominee must be 18 years or older.
- Sister Pierre Vorster Award will be presented to selected individual along with a monetary contribution to the recipient’s choice of charity.
AGS Oldest Volunteer Award
- Nominee must be 75 years or older
AGS Freshman Volunteer Award
- Nominee must be 18 years or under
AGS Innovative Volunteer or Group Award
- Nominee must be 18 years or older
- Nominees must be actively providing a unique or new service to older persons AGS Intergenerational Volunteer or Group AwardQualifications:
- Nominee must be actively involved in providing volunteer services that encourage and foster relationships between different generations (Seniors helping youth / Youth helping seniors)
AGS Outstanding Volunteer Group Award
- Includes all ages
How to Submit a Nomination
- Complete and submit nomination form (coming soon).
- Former recipients may not be nominated.
- Supporting evidence of the nominee’s activities such as awards, newspaper articles, etc., will receive extra weight in judging.
- Do not send letters of endorsement.
- Incomplete nomination forms will be excluded from consideration.
Nominations may be sent to:
P.O. Box 2371
Little Rock, AR 72203
Nominations must be postmarked on or before the posted deadline.
Adobe .pdf version
Word .doc version